We provide emergency and urgent care during regular business hours, from 7:30am until 7pm weekdays, and from 8am until 5pm on weekends. If you believe your pet has a life-threatening emergency, please call us at (623) 882-9000 or bring your pet in right away.
Pet Poison Helpline: 800-213-6680
20610 N. Cave Creek Road
Phoenix, AZ 85024
When to Seek Immediate Veterinary Attention:
- Your pet has been hit by a car or has sustained severe injuries
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea – more than 2 episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
If you have an emergency outside of our normal business hours, we recommend calling or visiting an emergency veterinary hospital or urgent pet care clinic near you. The nearest locations are listed here.
End of Life Care
While it’s never easy to lose a beloved pet, it’s important to be watchful for signs of declining quality of life. Your veterinarian and our staff will be available to answer any questions you may have to help ease your concerns. Working together, we will make a plan for appropriate end-of-life care for your pet (i.e., palliative care, hospice, euthanasia).
To make an appointment to discuss, please call us at (623) 882-9000.
The time you’ve invested in being a responsible pet owner is well worth it – you can thank your pet for the years of love and laughter by letting them go in a loving, caring and peaceful environment.
We will be with you and your pet every step of the way.